Friday, April 29, 2016

Gail Borden Library - Elgin, IL


Aiden and I used to come here often when he was younger.  I typically enjoy any library because I’m a bookworm but Aiden, not so much.  I wanted him to become familiar with the library in hopes that one day he might love it as much as I do so I started looking for other things for him to do within the library.  Turns out they pretty much always have something going on.  In the beginning I started taking him to a storytime session they would have on the weekends for special needs kids.  It was very cute.  The kids would get a mat, sit on the floor around the teacher/story reader and listen and interact with her and the story.  Each week it would be a new story and new activities to go along with it. They would even get surprise treats that went along with the story sometimes.  Aiden enjoyed this class and I enjoyed watching him. 


I don’t remember why we stopped going, most likely because we moved, but we still go back to Gail Borden occasionally (like when there’s a book there that I absolutely must have) and he still appreciates it but now it’s for the play area that they have in the kids book section. They also sometimes have cardboard cut outs that he likes to take his picture with.



No comments:

Post a Comment