Sunday, April 2, 2017

Funtopia - Glenview, IL


This place was great! There are 2 sections of this place that we saw.  One with a maze like area of soft foam thing obstacles to crawl on or through but we didn’t go in there because it’s only for kids ages 1 - 8. The other, bigger section is full of fun walls, ropes course, a 20 ft tall slide, and a free fall jump.  Aiden is the very active, very physical type so I thought for sure he’d love this but as soon as he got harnessed up and we walked in, he cried. I guess up close he realized just how high these walls actually go.  He was struggling to do this so we had him start with the easiest looking ones, the tires.  


It was a good call.  He did it with ease after watching a little girl half his size do it first.  After that he tried out everything except the free fall jump.  He did have an issue with the ropes course though.  He insisted he wanted to go on it then he started it, didn’t feel he could continue, and just stood their crying.  I felt so bad for him.  He was scared, there was so much going on around him, and there was no one to help him. I couldn’t help him.  He was a good 10 feet off the ground and you couldn’t go up on that thing without being harnessed.  We had to get the employee’s attention to have her help him get off.  It was such a terrible feeling for me, I can only imagine what it was like for him.  But after being at this place for 45 minutes he insisted that he wanted to try it again.  So up he went.  This time he got further down the course than the last time but again he got stuck, stopped, and just cried.  Once they got him down from there I couldn’t wait to wrap my arms around him and tell him how proud I was of him.  There have been so many times that I’ve asked him to do things that he was afraid to try and now here he was voluntarily trying something on his own that he feared.  I look up to this kid so much.  He is always so brave.  Also, this place is a good workout.  He knocked out as soon as we got in the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment