Sunday, March 20, 2016

Swim Class - Dundee Township Rec Center


Oh swim class! This was challenging.  Aiden has a love/hate relationship with swimming.  He likes the water, he wants to go in the water, but he’s scared of the water.  It’s pretty much always been like this with him.  I really wanted to get him into a swim class so that he could enjoy playing in the water and because it’s an important skill to have.  Aiden had good days and bad days in this class.  He took this class at the Dundee Township rec center I think because I hadn’t yet signed him up at NISRA. This class was not “special needs” guided so he was just out there winging it with neurotypicals, my brave boy!  Looking back now, I think this may have gone better had he been in a NISRA swim class. The little that he did learn in that class, I don’t think he really retained and that’s probably just for lack of practice since swimming is something we rarely ever do.  I am determined to get him back in the water though.  Just with more appropriate teachers this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment