Sunday, March 27, 2016

Yoga Class


I don’t remember how old Aiden was when I started taking him to yoga class but I do remember that he was very verbally limited.  He was also just constantly bouncing off the walls.  He was so difficult to contain so I thought maybe some yoga would help him to calm down a little.  I took him to TriBalance yoga studio in Schaumburg.  It does not specialize in special needs children or adults, but it was the only yoga studio that I was familiar with.  After meeting with the kid’s instructor she suggested that we start Aiden off with personal one on one classes. I agreed with her because I knew there was just no way he would be able to focus in a room full of kids. We did several personal sessions at her house once a week and once in awhile he would be cooperative but mostly, no.  We eventually stopped going because it was costing us a lot and he wasn’t really getting anywhere. This was another one of those things that I had to just try out in order to find out how he’d do.  Fast forward a few years later and Aiden now knows several yoga positions and he’s even asked me if he could do a couple of my yoga videos on his own.  It was really cute.  He enjoys moving his body, but as with most of us, he can get frustrated when it starts to become more challenging.  That won’t stop him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment