Sunday, January 3, 2016

Adler Planetarium - Chicago, IL

     
Aiden was pretty young when we took him here. I didn’t expect him to leave this place with some newly found understanding of space or astronomy, I just wanted to expose him to something new and thought he might enjoy their Sesame Street movie “One World, One Sky”.  They play it in the Sky Theater, under the big dome.  The chairs are tilted back and the screen is 360 degrees around.  You feel like you’re traveling through space with Big Bird.  I was curious to see how he would react to the movie since, like the rest of his senses, I was unsure of his visual depth perception.  He enjoyed the show because he recognized the Sesame Street characters but he was also easily distracted by pretty much anything. Or maybe he was just overstimulated and was trying to cope? I don’t know. Aiden really didn’t talk then so he was much harder to figure out.  Hopefully someday he will ask me to take him back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment