Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Metra & 2 Toots


I try to introduce new things to Aiden as much as possible.  Especially when he shows even the least bit of interest in something, or just familiarity.  That why I decided that we should take him on the Metra train.  I didn’t want to do a big thing like go all the way to downtown Chicago so I found a restaurant in Bartlett that went along with our train theme for the day and decided to make that our point of destination.


The restaurant is called 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill.  It’s a little place right across from the train station and its different because when your order is ready it is delivered to you via train. The food is placed in a basket train car and the train travels on a track that runs throughout the restaurant eating area. We got a kick out of it.  I also liked this place because their menu also offers gluten free options and grass fed hot dogs.  We had driven alongside trains plenty of times and Aiden had seen them plenty in movies so I thought he should get to experience it for himself.  It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment